PURPOSE OF THIS REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to clearly communicate each aspect of the Community Impact Fund process and, ultimately, to encourage organizations doing outstanding work in the areas benefiting Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and DeafBlind to apply for funding. We are committed to investing in our community to meet various areas of needs and to thrive. We have an open, competitive application process that identifies which organizations will have the greatest impact in helping the community’s goals.
DCLC event is an opportunity every year for an organization to earn funds gained through its event through a competitive and transparent allocation process that is open to all nonprofit organizations that are able to meet eligibility criteria. There is no limit on the frequency of application attempts.
The final amount granted to the organization will be up to 50% of the event’s profit. However, it will be contingent upon completion of their volunteers’ engagement in the event.
ELIGIBILTY The following requirements must be met in order for an application to receive funding through the Community Impact Fund process:
- The organization must be a 501(c)(3)
- It will be your responsibility to complete proper paperwork and report this donation to the organization to IRS.
- The organization must be directed/led by deaf, hard of hearing, and/or deafblind individuals.
- Organizations must not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, medical condition, sex or gender (including pregnancy), gender identity and/or expression (including transgender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law
OVERVIEW OF PROCESS
There are four steps in the Community Impact Fund process:
1. Community Impact Fund Application Review
2. Funding Approval and agreement
3. Engagement in the event planning and hosting
When the Community Impact Fund Application is submitted, each application will be evaluated by DCLC Impact Fund committee panel and it will be reviewed and scored using the Community Impact Fund Application Scoring Rubric. There may be questions/evaluation related to the financial health of the organization during the review process.
Community Impact Fund Application Review
The application will receive a score that reflects the average score from each individual evaluator. Throughout the review process, volunteers are trained to use the Best Investment criteria to make their decisions. Best Investment refers to the programs that most clearly demonstrate:
• ALIGNMENT: Connection between program goals and strategies for the impact area.
• IMPACT: Effectiveness of programming as reflected by meeting community need(s) and demonstrating impact through the reported common measures
• RESOURCES: Access to the resources (staff, experience, financial, etc.) to successfully implement the use of the funds to create an impact on the community.
Changes in Reported Information
It is expected that the full fund given is applied to what is proposed so if there are reported information changes during the Community Impact Fund process (after submission of the application but before funding has been awarded), the organization must submit written (preferably via email) notification to DCLC chairperson immediately after the organization becomes aware of the change that explains: what the change has been, why the change was made, and what the effect of the change is on the program/proposal for approval.
COMMUNITY IMPACT FUND COVER LETTER
Below are directions on how to complete the Community Impact Fund Cover letter.
Complete this form with reference to the proposed program being submitted for funding only.
1. Organization/Program Name:
2. Program Contact person
3. Summary Statement of Need
We advise that applicants draft responses in Word or another word processing program before inputting them into the online form.
The application answering questions can be submitted via document or by video presentation. If video submission, use the link of an unlisted youtube video for this.
The proposal needs to provide a program narrative that states:
- Brief history of your organization and the mission and vision of it.
- Describe the specific need and the target community population it will impact (include evidence of the need).
- Provide a description of the key program activity and how the funding will address the need. Include details of what the money would go towards.
- Explain how you will measure/evaluate the impact (include what metric you will be using and how it will be collected and who is responsible for it).
- Include anticipated timeline.
- How does your program contribute positively to equity and inclusion and move us toward a thriving community for all?
- Explain how your organization will contribute to the year’s DCLC event.
Please disclose if there have been any adverse changes in or threats to the financial health, status, and outlook of your organization, changes in leadership of your agency, changes in the governance of your organization, or adverse public relations events or occurrences regarding your agency.
This checklist is included for your own use.
You do not need to return it with your application.
Have you included and completed
- Cover Sheet
- Community Impact Fund Application
Deadline reminder: Application must be submitted no later NOON on February 1, 2024
COMMUNITY IMPACT FUND SCORING RUBIC
|Question- Does the applicant clearly provide:||Value |
1-Not at all,
5- To some extent,
8- To a good extent,
|A statement of needs that the program plans to address and why these needs are important||10 (X2)|
|A clear description of the key program activities and justification of how this provides positive impact||10 (x2)|
|Clear outline of where exactly the funds goes to||10|
|Explanation of appropriate measure/evaluation method for the proposal and includes evidence that supports an investment in it.||10|
|Provide a reasonable timeline for the plan||10|
|Provide a strong alignment with the values of the DCLC event’s purpose.||10|
|Demonstrate how their program operates in an equitable or inclusive manner||10|
|Explain well how their organization will support the DCLC event.||10|